Periodontal disease and heart disease have been linked together in several studies over the years. There is consensus among researchers that periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease are multifactorial conditions. In this virtual event, the learning objectives will focus on current theories explaining the mechanism by which periodontal disease impacts cardiovascular health and present the following:
- Outline patient demographics and population affected by periodontal disease and CDV
- Role of inflammation in CDV and pro-inflammatory mediators
- The relationship between periodontal ligament attachment loss and risk for myocardial infarction
- Professional treatment (i.e., periodontal therapy) that may be plausible for preventing the onset or delaying the progression of CDV
- Importance of OHI and managing the patient’s individual risk factors
- Interacting with other members of the patient’s healthcare team
Presenter: Dr. Gregori Kurtzman. Dr. Kurtzman has published nearly 200 articles in national and international dental journals and is also Diplomate, International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI); Mastership of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD), and Fellowship of the Pierre Fauchard Academy, American College of Dentists, and Academy of Dentistry Internation.
Register TODAY by filling out the adjacent form.